Just call me Tri-Photo-Man...

hjoseph7

I just picked up on a Nikon D7100 in great condition with low shutter count. I needed a Nikon Digital camera to test my collection of old Nikkor/Nikon manual lenses that were sitting in a bag in my closet collecting dust. I have about 25 old Nikon Manual lenses last time I counted ? Now I'm in the Canon system, the Pentax system and the Nikon system. They all have their good points and bad points. Although Canon is still my main system as far as purchasing accessories, I'm still very interested in what these other camera systems have to offer. You won't see me in any Nikon vs Canon wars any time soon...

Well, of course, the nice thing about Nikon is that you can use those old manual lenses on the D7100 body. I had Canon for many years (FD system) but had to make a decision when Canon changed their lens mount for accommodate the new larger autofocus lenses. I decided to go with Nikon at that time due to the fact that they still used the same mounting system. A few years ago when I was still working in the PJ world, I would alternate between using the company Canon equipment and using my own Nikon equipment. Not too much difference, I liked the auto white balance better on the Nikon (D700 and D300). Other than that, the biggest problem was that the focus (for manual) and zoom rings move in opposite directions!

I have about 25 old Nikon Manual lenses last time I counted

Gave several to an old friend, but still have quite a few. I will occasionally lay them all out on the dining room table and set up a camera or two, changing lenses through the course of the day, shooting anything interesting that suits the lenses strong points. I predict you will have a lot of fun.