I've been offered a chance to buy a new in box, never used CPP2 w/lift. I'm still waiting on an inventory of all the included accessories, but know that it has a 16x20 print drum along of course with the Jobo bottles and graduates.

I have a number in mind based on Ebay and tossed out something of a lowball(but not too much so) to the owner, but also of course want to be fair on it. It's a bit of a distance away, but I'll be going to pick it up.

Any guesses on what might be fair for it? As I'm trying to move more and more color in house, I'd REALLY like to get this for E6. Based on what the current owner told me he wanted to do with it(but never got around to doing) I'm guessing it may have 8x10, 11x14, and 16x20 print drums along with 35mm and 120/220. I'd need to add a 4x5 drum.

Thanks.

A hard one to value Ben. I think it's worth whatever price the owner is willing to part with it for. Bearing in mind an online sale is going to involve expensive shipping or pickup costs.

You need a wide-bodied 2500 series tank and 5x4 insert (Jobo number ends in 07 IIRC). The holder takes 6 sheets. You'll be told you need the special loader, but you don't. I always found the 5x4 'reel' dead easy to load by hand, and the loader a PITA, since it needs to be secured to a bench.

Oh yes. You'll find the temperature of the tempering bath isn't very even unless you add some sort of circulation device. I just used a small submersible aquarium pump.

Thanks Joe.

I've used other types of round tanks for 4x5, and I can't imagine that the Jobo would be appreciably different.

As for circulation-when reading the manual last night it made me think that there was a circulation pump contained in with the motor drive and all the other goodies that make it work. Is that not the case?

I have a CPE-2, which might differ slightly from the CPP. The CPE-2 doesn't have a circulating pump and as sold it's temperature gradient is quite high. Besides, the little submersible pump has sufficient lift to empty the water bath. Otherwise it's quite a clumsy effort to lift the whole machine full of water to empty it.

The plastic material is quite flimsy, and there's a real danger of cracking it by lifting the entire machine full of water.

The CPP2 (and the CPA2, which I have) has a circulating pump as well as a drain valve. There's no need to lift the thing to empty it. Mine keeps very stable temperatures. The CPP2 adds a digital temp display along with a cold-water solenoid valve to drop the water temperature below ambient. I'm really happy with mine.

Jobo's still in business in the US. Manuals and other information are at www.jobo-usa.com

Good to know that Jobo made the necessary improvement of incorporating a circulation pump and drainage outlet with the CPP and CPA.

My CPE-2 gets the job done, but is a bit rudimentary.

One other thing. It's advisable to use a water pre-bath with the 5x4 sheet film 'reel'. Otherwise there's a high chance of getting filling lines or foaming marks on the negatives. A pre-bath eliminates that.

I never found any need to cut the developing time using a pre-bath either. I suspect the slight dilution and delay in developer ingress to the emulsion compensates almost exactly for the continuous agitation. The maker's recommended times always gave perfectly good results for B&W, and of course C-41/E6 is designed for continuous agitation anyway.