Jobo CPP2 Lift Trouble

joel_pinson

Although when raising and lowering the JOBO Lift with a 3005 expert

drum, I support the drum with my right hand while operating the lift

handle with my left hand, I just experienced the breaking of the

handle hub, making the handle no more operable...

Anyone out there who experienced that ? can the part be replaced ?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Joel

go to http://www.jobo-usa.com/instructions/instructions_manual_cpa-2_cpp-2_lift.htm I have needed replacement parts a couple of time on my CPA.

The part number is at the above on line - however just call them on the phone, they have been excellent with me on the phone in the past, if you need it overnight say the word and they will get the part right out to you

Do yourself a favor when you get it fixed. Leave your hands completely away from the handle when using any of the large format drums. While the unit is running, reach down and grab the black plastic support of the drum support under the return water and lift it up manually to dump the chemistry. Getting anywhere near the flimsy handle is an accident waiting to happen in our world of sheet film. In fact I would say that if you are only using your unit for sheet film, leave it alone and save yourself the repair costs.

Broke my handle too when doing 8x10 sheet film in an expert tank (3005 I think). The little plastic thingamajiggy that the metal handle slides over is very weak and a replacement will run you about $6.

Is it intentionally like that to teach us a lesson in not overfilling the expert tanks? Or, is it just plain old crappy design? I tend to think it's the latter, as even with the expert tanks for 4x5 and 5x7 you have to be careful.

Hey JOBO, if you're out there listening, how come you don't have any metal reinforcements embedded in the plastic in this too easily breakable part?

I don't know if they are still being made, but some years ago I bought a "Jobo Lift Helper" from an outfit in San Diego. The piece is stainless steel and fits at the end of your bars. It has a little lip which you can easily lift with your finger without disturbing the parallel bars orientation.

You put it on and leave it there forever.