which I use are 24*36 and 60*60. The question is if there are any real

advantages why to use JOBO processor instead of manual development (just with

conventional tanks and thermometer)? Does this processor allow, for example

cycles of agitation of the solution for some certain period with some certain

frequency? What this processor does what can not be done manually? Normally I

develop 2-3 rolls per time.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi

If you use only classic emulsion B&W Films like Tri-x, hp5, fp4...etc. you don`t need any processor, manual development is the better choice, but with modern films like delta and t-max you need constant agitation and themperatur and the processor would be the better choice here.

If you like consistency, as to temperature and agitation, the Jobo is a fine, but expensive way to go. I use a CPP-2 for all my black & white. I especially like the Expert tanks for sheet film, but the 1500 series and stainless reels do quite well. I've used D-76, TMaxRS and XTOL developers, all with perfect, even results, once my times were established. When only doing small batches, I'll still process manually, and that also works. It really comes down to personal taste. Jim

Vladislav,

there is a point at which it isn't so fun to stand at the sink all of the time, agitating film by hand. I have a Unicolor drum and a Beseler drum that I use to develop my 4x5 negs in. It is not as nice as the Jobo by any means. But the nice thing is that you can set it and forget it--at least until it is time to get to your stop bath, fixer, etc. So, while that film is in the developer for 8 minutes, you can be sleeving negatives, setting up the enlarger, etc, not just waiting for that timer to tell you to agitate again. For me, it would be more of a convenience factor ( a welcome one, at times). If I had one, i would probably do my own color negs and slides too. The temperture control is much easier with one.