Jobo ATL - 1500 replacement parts ?

<p>I have a Jobo ATL 1500, which I bought used a couple of years ago. It has worked excellently until recently. The problem is the drive mechanism that rotates the drum via a series of inter-locking plastic cogs. On my set-up a nut and bolt sandwich two parallel cogs back to back, one of which is the cog that directly engages the mouth of the tank. In my manual they are part nos. 07 200 and 07 198. I've marked them in the attached jpeg. Does anybody know if I can buy these as replacement parts? Jobo still sell the ATL 1500 and CPP 2, at least according to their web-site.</p>

<p>Are you no longer able to tighten the screw that is on the tank side of that assembly? I have a CPP-2 and was able to tighten the screw. Have you examined the bolt and nut to see why you might not be able to tighten the assembly? You didn't mention what tanks you're using. If they're expert tanks and you load the tanks with solution near it's maximum, it puts a real strain on those gears, especially in the earlier models, before the motors got upsized. If all else fails, you can sometimes find the lift for the 1500 on eBay. For the long term, a spare is not a bad idea.</p>

<p>I have one of these too. Have you considered writing to Jobo? I think their web site is nearly useless, but they might respond to email. If you send them this diagram, they might be able to tell you where to get the parts near you. I know my professional photo store, Keeble & Schucat Photography, sells some Jobo parts. If you call them and ask for the "darkroom department" they might be able help you. Those guys have been working there for many years and they dealt with this equipment when it first came out. They have all kinds of odd Jobo products there. </p>

<p>http://kspphoto.com/activepages/290.html There's an 800 number at the bottom of the page. Good luck!</p>

<p>Jim, <br>

I am using the 2509 drums (I think) - not the expert drums which I don't think fit the ATL 1500. I have tried differing combinations of nuts and washers of different kinds, and using two nuts on the bolt, one tightening onto the other. Nothing holds, even with the short tanks. The problem is that the cogs / gears I have are not exactly the same as in the diagram where they appear to physically inter-lock. Mine abut each other, and rely exclusively on the nut & bolt to brace them together. It's not a good design, and the fact that it works loose is not surprising.<br>

Tom, and Jennifer - good suggestions. I have already written to the UK Jobo distributors listed on the Jobo site, and given that I have the diagram & part numbers, I'm optimistic. But I was wondering if anybody else has been able to get replacement parts direct from Jobo recently. As I say, despite a widespread impression that Jobo no longer make processors, they are listed in the products sections of their web-site.<br>

http://www.jobo.com/web/Processors.334.0.html#c701<br>

Unfortunately, as it's the weekend, I won't find out anything more before next week.</p>