JJC JF-U1 Wireless Remote Flash Trigger issue

ssvane

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a JJC JF-U1 Wireless Remote Flash Trigger in order to use my Sigma EF-530 DG Super Flash gun remotely with my Canon 6D. However, the trigger consistently fails to trigger the flash although channel settings are correct. It seems that the communication between the control on the camera and the receiver/trigger on the flash gun is working as they both start blinking whenever the shutter release is pressed. But the flash does not trigger.

The company has, so far, not answered any questions so my hope is that others may have had similar experiences and know of a solution.

Any recommendation for another remote flash trigger system that will work with this flahs gun and camera body would also be appreciated!

Have you eliminated the Sigma flash as the problem? Does the flash fire from its test button? Does it fire when mounted on the camera hotshoe? Do the triggers fire any other flash?

Have you checked that the switch on the receiver is set to "flash" and not "camera"?

Also the flash must be set to manual control if it has that facility. E-TTL will not work with these simple triggers.

Modern flash triggers use a transistor, triac or thyristor device as a switch. It's possible that the flash circuit has the wrong polarity or supplies insufficient current or voltage to be fired by the trigger.

Anyway, that said, JJC supply very low-end products. I have YongNuo 603 trigger transceivers, and they work flawlessly with a wide range of flash makes and models.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

Hi and thanks for the answer

The flash fires normally when mounted on the camera. Unfortunately I do not currently have any other flash guns to try with the trigger but it is of course something I will do when the opportunity arises. Before buying the trigger I checked for compatibility and according to JJC's own webpage the Sigma 530 DG super flash is one of the flashes which should work.

I'll check out the YongNuo, hopefully they are available in Denmark.