Jeff Ascough Interview on this forum next week - He'll answer your questions

think27

<p><em>Jeff Ascough has graciously agreed to appear hear on this forum in a sticky thread next week to answer questions about wedding photography. We've done this with Jeff before and it was very successful. Jeff wrote to me that he would like to update us on his latest techniques as some things about how he works has changed.<br /> </em><br>

<em>JHere is how it will work.</em><br>

You guys will have to pay attention to how many posts are posted before posting yours. First group will post and Jeff will answer. <br>

<em>have those questions and follow-ups ready to go we'll take another 4 questions and WAIT </em><br>

<em><br /> </em><br>

<em>This is the only way I can see that this format can work. Otherwise we'll have a list of 15-20 questions before Jeff can come back and look things over and it will be overwhelming to answer everything. Furthermore, people will perhaps then post a follow-up and Jeff will be answering follow-ups as well as questions.. It could be a mess. </em><br>

<em>Sometimes there may be 5 questions allowed when there is a case of multiple people posting at the same time which may be ok unless the grouping of questions are very involved. There will be times I will delete the question with an explanation asking the poster to re-post the question later. </em><br>

<em>Our Thanks to Jeff for giving us his time! </em><br>

<em>One more thing. This is not a thread for debating raw vs jpeg. Jeff will tell us how he works and it is not relevant to post your images as examples or to argue with his methods. Look at this as an interview - not a debate or show and tell. Jeff, however, will/may post images to illustrate a point in response to a question. </em></p>

<p><em>This thread will start on Sunday and will end on Friday. It will take the place of the Wedding image of the week for next week. From this interview - an article will be developed by Hannah and myself as per last interview with Jeff. <br /> </em><br>

<em><br /> </em></p>

MaryBall, I have a few suggestions:

<p>In order to garner a wider gamut of responses, it might be an idea to request that whoever posts asks as comprehensive a question as possible (i.e. one not requiring a follow-up), so that another batch of 4 can ask another full 'suite' of 4 questions. That way we can cover more ground, because, as you rightly say, a back-and-forth type of situation could get messy.

<p>You could also freeze/pause the postings as soon as YOU receive four, because timezones and such come into play and multiple posters might submit their posts at different times. You can then queue them up and release them into the post as Jeff completes each batch of 4.

<p>Just my tuppence :)

<p>Good idea David... </p>

<p>http://www.photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00LBb5 - Last Interview w/Jeff</p>

<p>Meanwhile - just because he answered a question - does not mean it can't be asked again. </p>

<p>Mark - as you will see by the interview - there were no problems and I would change the title as needed to invite more questions as well as make a post when we needed to stop questions until Jeff answered some. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Kay--I don't think we're supposed to ask our questions yet, and when you ask, you might want to thoroughly read the previous year's interview before settling on the questions. Several of your questions have been answered in the previous interview, such as the one about harsh sunlight--I know, because I asked that one.</p>

<p>Mary, I would suggest that perhaps Jeff can do a summary of what has changed since the last interview, as far as his methods and gear, so that can be gotten out of the way immediately, and will perhaps exclude some questions off the bat.</p>

<p>Jeff, do you provide any proofs of the album design or just the finished album?<br>

When picking the photos for the albuns spreads how do you handle those pictures of friends, and other guests?<br>

Aren't you afraid to miss someone important in the album?<br>

Could you please explain to us more of the practical side of choosing the photos for the album instead of letting the client?</p>