Javier's & Miserere's sites

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by guy_gervais, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone have the links for Javier & Miserere's web sites?
    Thanks,
    G

2. Javier should be here and also on Flickr: http://jgredline.blogspot.ch/ or .com and http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/

3. Misere is here: http://enticingthelight.com/

4. Thank you!
    G

5. Javier is sorely missed at this site.

6. Agreed, miss both guys. They are extremely talented, knowledgeable, and all around nice guys.

7. Man, looking through Javier's pictures is just a trip. Such interesting slices of LA. He has REALLY gotten good at street shooting.

8. Bob,I would challenge Mis as an all around nice guy. (JK !!)

9. What happened?
    I see that Javier's account was deleted, but Misere's just shows as inactive. I am not here alot, and was gone for a while, but do remember the names.

10. What happened?
    I see that Javier's account was deleted, but Misere's just shows as inactive. I am not here alot, and was gone for a while, but do remember the names.

11. Javier had issues about the way he was treated by the higher ups in this forum so he just left. A shame because he was always great to listen to, hear from, and especially to see his latest work. He was a fearless street shooter, sticking his camera in areas where you or I would probably get bopped in the nose. The result is some great shots of the other world along Sunset Blvd and other glitzy/tawdry streets in L.A.

12. Javier is active recently over at PF and I've seen a Mis comment here from time to time although he seems to be preoccupied with other things recently. Of course, I haven't been particularly active on either site recently myself.

13. Wayne:
    I haven't posted here for quite some time but I did enjoy Javier's street shots a lot.
    Too bad he decided to leave P.Net.
    As for being "fearless", if I recall of Javier's physical description (by himself, here a while back) I was under the impression that it would be enough to deter anyone risking to tell him off!
    This is something I would never dare trying myself ... hardly 5'6" and skinny!!! They'd likely take a run at me!
    Cheers.
    JP

14. I never Javier so I know nothing of his physical presence but I think his success at street photography is more than that. I think Javier is very engaging with his subjects. Probably not in all cases but often I believe he talks to his subject, either before or after he shoots them, and has the ability to make the personal contact more meaningful than the photography. I also don't think we can underestimate the fact that this is L.A. where people are probably used to seeing people walking around with cameras shoot everything and everyone.

15. "He was a fearless street shooter, sticking his camera in areas where you or I would probably get bopped in the nose."

Actually looking at his work, I see mostly photos taken in broad daylight in busy commercial districts and tourist areas. That's not a criticism of the quality of his work, but the areas where he shoots aren't especially perilous.

16. Javier produces great work because he has a great attitude, unfortunately there was a misunderstanding and it was our loss. I miss his commentary and photography here.

17. Javier's photos usually put a smile on my face, especially those of the women. He clearly loves women and it showed in their reaction to him (well - sometimes he got the stink eye, but not often). His humanity was evident in all of his shots. I do miss his pictures and commentary on this forum.

18. Javier never really shot in bad areas. His shots are mostly Hollywood Boulevard and on Broadway (and other busy streets in old downtown LA) I believe. I've walked those same streets. Not to dangerous. In fact, what I recall Javier saying is that he on occasion found himself in sketchy parts of town but tended to avoid it. In fact, I shot down in a sketchy part of town and he told me to be careful. I am not sure that Javier ever talked to his subjects after shooting, but this is just speculation on my part. I think what makes Javier's photos so interesting (and so much better than my street photos) is that he has nailed to aspects: Storytelling and the decisive moment.

19. I know Javier had posted on here before that when he took pictures of homeless or down-on-their-luck subjects, he would talk with them before or after, and often buy them a sandwich or something. As for the ladies and other wild characters, I believe his technique is mainly to be obvious about what he is doing and smile directly at people. I don't think I could pull it off!

20. I visited Mis's site yesterday. I saw no posts since like August 2012... I'm guessing either the site isn't really working for
    them (as they used to be pretty regular afaik) or they've both just been very busy.