January 31 Panasonic/Olympus POTW

Sanford

<p>Some nice shots this week! Mine isn't planned much...</p>

<p> I always complain about the pictures people provide in apartment rental web sites, so I figured I would try to get better at it myself. I will hopefully have a nice 7-14mm soon, a definite necessity for interior architectural shots, but in the meantime I have a 14-45mm :P Good composition is a must when taking such shots! Of course if this were a real shot that I intended potential renters to see, I would clean up a bit ;) Something many don't seem to do very often, even for published pictures! I know, right?!</p>

<p><a title="Untitled by Patrick E Porter, on Flickr" href=" spacer.png src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5216/5406482376_eb22db832c_z.jpg" alt="" width="480" height="640" /></a><br>

E-P2/Panasonic 14-45</p>

<p>An illustrative photo I made for another web site. Pictured is my test set up of the 50-200mm SWD Zuiko plus telextender EC 14 plus MA whatsis adapter 4/3 to m4/3 on my tripod. Yes, it does AF-but sl-o-w-ly, you get a green dot in the finder and has full AE automation as far as I can tell, am using adjustable P mode a lot, well implemented. I have it set up if I swivel the mount to landscape to see how it would work in video mode. OK. I dug out a very old but sturdy micro fluid head. That kind of head is de rigeur if one wants to do serious video a la Spielberg quality :-). The swivel LCD if no bright sun makes videography a lot more fun so the GH 2 will find some fans for video shots. I don't recommend buying a 900.00 lens for the GH 2 but if you own one, it makes sense to adapt it to the GH 2 because of the tripod shoe. It balances well. I am not keen on zooming while shooting video. Videographers know that it is impossible to make a clean flowing zoom. Panasonic markets a lever which surrounds the zoom ring, per their accessory listing. I have my doubts. My advice: Don't zoom. Who needs to zoom <em>while filming</em> anyway... <br>

I am into Arca Swiss quick release plates for many years. (In for a shilling, in for a quid, like our UK freres might say)....so I wondered about a body plate for the GH2. The one RRS sold for the G-1 is not so great. Why, because Panasonic for some reason has left a very tiny amount of the tripod bush above the screw thread on base of camera. Nasty for getting a flat plate which does not swivel. I see now that RRS has offered a cork base no lip plate..uh uh,won't cut it. So I am awaiting a plate from Acratech. It also has a cushion, albeit a shallow one but does have a lip. Will get back to you on that one when I try it. RRS could design a plate with a trough well around the captive bolt..maybe they will. If I were Bob Atkins I would mill my own, Bob understands...lol...Cork padding nah nah nah boo boo- is for wimps:-)</p>

<div>00Y8i8-327509584.jpg.90a108380c52fecba4d08dd51b56ed5f.jpg</div>