January 24th Olympus/Panasonic POTW

porter

<p>Well, the rain is gone (for now) and the flood waters have mostly receded and people are slowly returning back to normal life although some may never fully recover from losing so much.<br>

So of course because of all the rain, guess what's been sprouting?</p><div>00Y5i8-324723584.jpg.85d1b717be7093b8431b213076329efe.jpg</div>

<p>Anthea, I have no idea. Moss Landing is a real fishing village and home to the manufacturing facilities and business end of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. As far as I can tell, they have this parking area set up to be one big photo op. This bus is someone's idea of a work of art - I think. See the Moss Landing section of www.EdelsteinPhoto.com.</p>

<p>ISO 100. Original shot looks fairly similar, but to get a bit more pop I saved 5 separate files at 1EV spacing and did an exposure fusion in Photomatix. Degrades the shot a bit if you pixel peep, so it looks maybe more like ISO 400 on close inspection.</p>

<p>I don't keep filters on any lenses I have. I've got an ND8 and a warming polarizer for the 20mm, but I haven't used them yet.</p>

<p>Out of all the lenses I've ever owned, I like this one the most by far. Definitely recommend it. For the sake of comparison, I've owned the following lenses:<br>

Nikon's 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII, 105mm f/2 DC, 80-200mm f/2.8D, 16-35 f4 VR, 35mm f2, 24mm f/2.8D, 50mm f1.4D<br>

Olympus 50mm f2 macro, 40-150, 70-300, 50-200 f2.8-3.5, 12-60mm, 8mm fisheye</p>