Jamesburg Repair Center Price Change?

jaydesi

<p>Had to take my recently purchased EOS 3 for repair; I was getting the bc error even with a new battery, and changing lenses didn't make a difference. Time and again, people have quoted the flat fee of $175 for service, but they only charged me a $130 flat fee. Is the flat fee cheaper for film cameras vs digital, or have they actually lowered the fee? I didn't think to ask while I was there, I was just happy the price was $45 less than I anticipated.</p>

<p>The $175 number may be just an internet legend. I've had stuff serviced there for less. Actually I thought the flat fee was more in the region of $100, but maybe that's gone up to $130!</p>

<p>The "flat fee" is only a minimum fee of course. It covers handling, labor and small parts up to some limit. If something really expensive needs replacing (like the sensor in a FF digital camera), the cost goes up.</p>

<p>They had a price list at Canon Hawaii and the flat fee was $175 plus parts. However, I recall being charged $120 and $60 for repairs. Also, once they charged nothing to calibrate a 70-200 L 4 years out of warranty. So it depends...</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>If you're enrolled in the CPS program, there is also a repair discount pursuant to the level of membership- 20, 30 or 60%. Only work I've needed so far has been under warranty -turnaround has been 3 days and they're always pleasant to deal with. (Jamesburg).</p>