I've been here a while...

<p>Well, I've been here a while now, but have never properly introduced myself.</p>

<p>My name is Richard and I'm an avid amateur photographer with aspirations of making it more than an expensive hobby. I live in northern New England (read: Maine), and generally have my camera with me wherever I go.</p>

<p>I started shooting with my father's Canon AE-1 and I've never looked back. Currently I shoot NIKON equipment and have done so for about 12 years, (when my father's beloved AE-1 broke), starting on film and graduating to digital with a D70s. About 18 months ago, a good portion of my equipment was stolen and I have been re-building my equipment bag ever since. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish, but I think I'm getting close.</p>

<p>I enjoy shooting sports and nature, and I've been dipping my toes into the "Wedding Photographer" role for friends and family. I still consider myself an amateur and don't charge friends and family, but I have been getting more requests to shoot weddings and I may consider doing it for money once I build my confidence, equipment bag, and portfolio up to professional standards.</p>

<p>I've been a frequent poster here since I joined in February and as many of you know I have no qualms about speaking my mind when I feel it's necessary, nor do I have any issue giving what I hope is helpful information to those that ask for it. I hope I've been able to contribute some of my knowledge to anyone with questions, and I look forward to doing so in the future.</p>

<p>Thanks for reading my introduction. I welcome comments on any of my photos and look forward to bettering myself as a photographer and maybe, eventually, turning pro.</p>

<p>~RS</p>

<div>00WctE-250157584.jpg.351d7fb29922d003173cb97a2b94fb7c.jpg</div>