I have a friend who can sell her 1v cheap (around $400.00 or

less).<br>

She also has 1N-RS (?) for $200.00 or less<br>

So, money is not that important, also I am not going digital anytime

soon.<br>

My question.<br>

Will 1v give me any kind of edge as a wedding equipment?<br>

Will there be time where I say to myself "Hm.. that 1V really came in

handy" or "That's a little difference but it's worth of having 1v" ?

<br>

How about EOS 1N-RS, Is that better than my EOS-3 as a wedding

equipment?<br>

<br>

Or.. are they all same-o, same-o?

Will there be time where I say to myself "Hm.. that 1V really came in handy" or "That's a little difference but it's worth of having 1v" ?

If your wedding parties tend to wind up as brawls in the rain, then a 1v will be nice to have. Otherwise IMO, a -3 will handle the job just as well.

Hi Derek, The only instances I can think of offhand where a 1V would come in handy are 1) If you're shooting a wedding in the rain (it's largely water resistant with the right lenses) and 2) If you feel you might need 9 frames per second to catch that wedding bouquet ;-)

Derek,

I shoot a 1V-HS as main body with color and a 3 w/PB as backup or with B&W. There maybe many differences but the only one that comes to my mind, which I miss on the 3, is the ability to register a focus point on the 1V. I manully select my focus point, with CF13 set to 1. So, with camera vertical, FP would be the center/top point, which I place on bride's face/eye. If I change to horizontal, I just hit Assist button and FP jumps to center/top point.

$400 sounds like a good price for a 1V is it is not used up.

Good luck.

Cliff

WHy would any one *need* an RS or HS camera for weddings? I mean...really...even a fast, drunk in the night weeding in Vegas ain't that fast ;)

In any case, $400.00 for a 1V is good deal, depending on wear of course.

You don't really *need* a 1v for weddings but, if you only have ONE EOS3 it would be a a good idea to have two bodies.

Giampiero,

You're right, I don't think anyone "needs" a 1V-HS for weddings - it's overkill and very heavy after a six hour wedding. I use my 1V & 3 with PB's not for the speed but because I use *heavy* L lenses, flash and flash bracket and the PB gives the camera a better balance. Additionally, I can also use rechargable batteries in PB which are cheaper and last longer than the 2CR5. Also, I shoot 75% vertical and the controls on the PB are easier to use than breaking my hand and arm shooting without it.

Cliff

I shot a wedding last weekend and I used an EOS 1n and an EOS 3 (I borrowed the 3). I found that the 1n focused my 85mm f/1.2L MUCH better than the EOS 3 because it has fewer focusing points. But with my old 80-200mm f/2.8L, they both were about the same. The bottom line is, I think, unless you're using a unique lens the two cameras will be indistinguishable as far as performance is concerned. I've never used a 1V, but I imagine it's similar to the 3 ... which is similar to the 1n ... which is similar to the 1 ... etc. They're all great!

I agree with Guy about the sound! I have a 1N RS and I like this camera but I wish it had the same autofocus capability as the 1V or EOS 3. I guess the 1N RS has more problems with autofocus since you need a fast lense to have both vertical and horizontal autofocus sensors. If you use a 70-200 f4 like I do, then you only have the vertical sensors. If you really want to change, then I would probably go for the 1V. But the EOS 3 for wedding should do the job I think even if I never tried this one.