It's time to say goodby.

pavel_l.

I'm almost afraid to comment, because there seems to be a joke here, but I'm totally missing it. All I see is a sharp, in-focus picture of a clock and an sharp picture of an out-of-focus picture of a waving hand. Without the title, I wouldn't see any point at all. It's stark and somewhat puzzling. Anyway, I'm guessing that I'm missing an obvious pun, so I'll be watching to see how big a fool I am. ;-)

I'm almost afraid to comment, because there seems to be a joke here, but I'm totally missing it. All I see is a sharp, in-focus picture of a clock and an sharp picture of an out-of-focus picture of a waving hand. Without the title, I wouldn't see any point at all. It's stark and somewhat puzzling. Anyway, I'm guessing that I'm missing an obvious pun, so I'll be watching to see how big a fool I am. ;-)

Thank you dcstep.

Of course, you can see it as a joke/caricature, there is no restrictions. I considering the name of this thread as a title.

Cheers.

p.s.: This is not a contest, no judging of replies

This is right out of The Far Side. If you don't find those cartoons bizarrely comic, no amount of explanation will suffice. That's the whole thing about a visual non sequitur, it neatly side steps the rational mind. Tick-tock and bye-bye.

Thank you Jack.

I try to add a drop of meaning when capturing moving object.

Cheers.

I see more Man Ray than Far Side.

OBJECT TO BE DESTROYED

Pavel, do you know the origin of the sculpture in your photo?

Maybe 'hand' is a little obvious with clock?

Could the point be the counterpoint?

Thank you Sam.

I should admit that I was inspired by work of the Man Ray you've mentioned.

I did not draw this interesting parallel between the sharp/still clock hand and the moving photo of my hand as representation of it. I like your "angle".

Cheers.

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.

I like this. In the photo, time seems to stop while motion continues elsewhere.

The shadows provide additional dimension & depth. Can't tell if it's an illusion or not but everything appears to be ever so slightly off kilter.

Thank you Ricochetrider.

The light was a reflection of sun off the hardwood floor.

Cheers.

Chris Frith.

Given my penchant for abstract images, I found myself gazing at this one for quite a while. Well done, Pavel.

Thank you Michael.

I glad you find it interesting.

Cheers.

Chris Frith.