It's Official--Ektachrome is back

randrew1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to find some to order on line, but found expired film or "no longer available" at the depth of search that I'm willing to take the time for right now.

Admittedly, some of the big stores are closed for the holiday. We've waited this long, so what's a few more days?

This is from Vanbar in Melbourne - from a subscription email I just received - for us Aussies crazy enough to pay that price - one every 2-3 months for me, taking my time developing, scanning and posting in between - The Petri is free and ready for the big day

We are expecting our first shipment of the NEW Kodak Ektachrome 100 during October. The anticipated price will be about $26 inc gst .

Vanbar Imaging

Home - Vanbar Imaging

Just received this note from B&H......

Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

We expect the Kodak E100G 135-36 Ektachrome Professional Color Slide (Transparency) Film (ISO-100) B&H # KOE100G36 on 10/18/18.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H.

James M

B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio

The Professional's Source.

E-Mail Sales Department

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

• Like 1

Just received this note from B&H......

Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

We expect the Kodak E100G 135-36 Ektachrome Professional Color Slide (Transparency) Film (ISO-100) B&H # KOE100G36 on 10/18/18.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H.

James M

B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio

The Professional's Source.

E-Mail Sales Department

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Interesting - go to B&H, click film, and Ektachrome is the featured film. I'm going to pre-order some tonight and if other members of PN have not pre-cleaned them out, I should get mine by about October 21 (I hope).

Also crossing my fingers that 16mm Ektachrome will be available for a hunting trip in November.

This will be interesting. I put in my pre-order for Ektachrome, just a modest order. As it's first come first serve and the due in date is the 18th, I wonder just how many others have done the same, and will they be sold out before I get to the head of the line.

I'd love to know the sales figures.

Just to hedge my bets in case the first supplier I ordered from doesn't come through, I put in a pre-order for 5 rolls at B&H also.

If the projected ship date I've seen tossed around of the 18th holds, it will be a busy weekend as I'll want to shoot a roll alongside a roll of frozen E100G, and hopefully can get them processed the same day at the local lab and some scans up. I'll certainly try to be on it as quickly as I can be.

I'm excited to give the new stuff a try.