Is Tri State Cameras legit?

wolfee

I see they still show the FM3a in stock. $549. I thought I'd order one but

would be interested in hearing if anybody has any experience with this internet

dealer. Everything go ok? Brand new in the factory box, complete, USA warranty

etc.

Mike: I would be surprised if they had one in stock, anything is possible though, but the FM3a is already hard to come by. I thought you might be interested in this. I have an mint FM3a that I want to sell. Black body, mint, everything working as it should. There are maybe 4-5 spots of dust/dirt in the finder is all. Doesn't affect focusing or picture taking. I have gone completely digital and would like to find the camera a good home. I would include a brand new Nikon shutter release cable, Nikon camera strap, the original manual and 2 rolls of Fuji RVP100F film. I would be asking $375. You can look at photos here: http://gallery.leica-users.org/FM3a Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss the details. Just request my e-mail address from photo.net

They're sort of legit. I bought an SB-80DX speedlight from them a few years back. I opened the box as I was leaving the store and noticed that the diffusion dome was missing. Half an hour later, they came up with the dome (probably took it from another box).

What I didn't notice was that they had sold me an imported speedlight at the going price for the U.S. version (which at the time was about $25 more than the import).

So, if you're careful you should be ok, but don't expect Mother Teresa to be behind the counter.

I called them. They do not have one. He said he will remove it from the website. Interesting to watch and see just how long it takes to delete. I think they just use this as a good piece of bait and switch.

I once bought a $1600 laser printer from them. The box arrived crushed and part of

the printer was broken. I brought it in and they replaced it without incident (after I

stood on the sales foloor for 30 minutes.) <p>

They've sometimes got good prices on film, and I know someone who bought a film

p&s from them. They seem to get a mix of satisfied and dissatisfied customer ratings

at

<u><A href =

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2622.html>resellerratings.com</a></u>

I grew up in New York and I bought both computer and photo gear there. I got my F100 and several flashes from them. Sometimes they are a few percentage points cheaper then B&H which works in your favor if the item is costly enough otherwise the higher shipping and handling charges than what other charge will eat up any savings. I never had to return anything to them so I wonder if they really worth it if things go wrong.

I put them in there if you can save at least $100 since I alway got Nikon USA sealed with all the manufacturers provided accessories. They alway provided receipts and rebate forms I needed to save money and they were at last check a real Nikon USA dealer. Also, I have had the same experience with Beach Camera but they seem to have a very shallow stock of items from Nikon and I don't know if they are a Nikon dealer.

Both companies have been arround a long time with storefront operations in the past so you could really take it in if you had too. I have not been to the Beach store in New Jersey so I don't know if it still exists. Digital cameras like the D2x are so much more costly than analog cameras used to be that a couple of percentage points cheaper may really add up to lots of savings.

I bought my d100 from them a few years ago, no problem. But you should know the actual

storefront on 20th street looks like it went out of business, is shuttered and closed down as

of a few weeks ago (my office is on the same street).