Is this site even functioning properly???

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by eb_kidd, Oct 18, 2019.

1. I had pretty much come to the same conclusion given that he was last here several months ago(September?).

I would think it would considerate to the folks running the site to at least you all know that he's not here anymore(if indeed that's the case).

2. 10 weeks now since my original posts. Since the owners of this site clearly don't give a damn what happens to it, how about either turning it over to those mods who care and might be able to enlist some help, or just get rid of it?

3. The collapse and demise of PN has been in the cards for years. The circus has left town and no one knows where it is going.

4. It's dead. And I thought this website looked promising.

5. There is possibly another way of looking at all this. Since the site is obviously not making a profit that can justify more than its basic upkeep, should we not be grateful to the owner’s for allowing those that continue to enjoy it, and I’m sure there a several of us, for as long as it remains possible.

William Michael and Wayne Melia like this.
  6. ...and, email forwarding is working again after many months! (not that I would ever trust it again).

7. There are probably many ways to look at it. Another is that the site may well be making a profit, off the advertising driven and supported by the many photos posted here by members who participate. (If you do know for sure no profit is being made, let us know.) It may be that they care about that advertising profit and publicizing CREATIVELIVE and don’t put quite so much care into customer service. There’s not a good way to know since there’s virtually no communication to most participants here from those in charge and in the know.

8. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Beat it all you care to, but the horse is still deceased, and the site still exists. Input, except to Moderators, within the scope of their tools and abilities, haven't produced change in the past, and repetition at this point, meet the criteria for Einstein's Quote.

John Peri likes this.
  9. I have 5000+ photographs here organized in 30 galleries. If I need to find a particular photograph it is much easier to search my P/N galleries than trying to search my computer.

John Peri and Sandy Vongries like this.
  10. I prefer Confucius .. "you can take a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"!

11. There seems to be a direct correlation between looks, likes, impressions and the amount of skin displayed in the photograph.

samstevens likes this.
  12. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

"Skin in the game"? ;)

Sanford likes this.
  13. We all know who I'm talking about.

samstevens likes this.
  14. without any doubt .. it is precisely why I never post more than one photo for critique at a time to appear on the front page of the critique section, unlike some who systematically fill it up with up to 10 - 12 photos posted at one time, you don't need "skin" to monopolize attention. However, the "number of views" etc., are only of interest to those that bring importance to them, personally I left school many years ago;

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Sanford likes this.
  15. LOL. So true.

But don’t shortchange the correlation between, looks, likes, impressions and the amount of saturation in sunsets or wrinkles on the faces of old people in the photograph. And this doesn’t begin to address furry and adorable kittens! :rolleyes:

Sanford likes this.
  16. I have some fur in the game too, y'know ...
    17-cat-bw-ww.jpg

John Farrell likes this.
  17. It's like watching it die before our eyes. . . .

18. It’s effing heartbreaking dats fur sure

19. I came back here after a couple of years and unfortunately I agree the website doesn't even function. I cant even see the comments on my photos. This is sad. It used to be the top photo site and now its dead.

20. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

I thought Effing was in Essex, East of London (UK) - you know, where the Effing Forest is.

Sanford likes this.