Is there any alternative to www.mypublisher.com ?

that's a great idea..........publishing your own photo book. Has anyone actually seen the results........I mean, just how good is the product......mainly the picture quality is what I'm interested in.

...no Jorge, as you can tell, I didn't even know the service was available. Although, I now plan on researching it further.

<p>I have a book from mypublisher.com. Great work. When people pick it up and look at it, they think it is a commercially available book. Some words of advice:</p>

1. The reds are oversaturated.<br>

2. The shadows are muddy<br>

3. You will need to sharpen more<br>

<p>If you have software that uses ICC profiles, mypublisher.com uses an INDIGO 4 Colour press, and the profile is out there on the web. If you set it as your CMYK working space and then soft-proof using that profile, you will have better luck. And yes, iPhoto uses mypublisher.com to print the books.</p>

I have a question about the cover for all these books. Do they do a jacket for you (even on mypublisherPRO.com)? Or do you have to live with the bland cover with no jacket?

Also, I have been lookign for a profile, with no luck! :/ Any kind soul out there to point us to the URL please?

Thanks,

Ajoy

TS,

I got a book from mypublisher about a year ago...it's a great alternative to a scrapbook and looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't use it as a portfolio. The binding's nice, the overall feel is nice, but the colors were a little off and black&whites were a little muddy. Of course, I couldn't find icc profiles then, so maybe it'd be better if those really do exist.

Next time I get up to NYC I'll bring it along.

Best,

Aaron

I've used MyPublisher and Ofoto for coffee table books, and the quality is about the same. It looks like output from a color copier, and does not match what's possible from a decent inkjet printer. However, I'll make more of them, since it's a very nice way to present photos, especially vacation photos. But, when you want top quality, make prints.

o.k. I wrote to mypublisher.com and they told me that they are currently using the HP Indigo 3000 press.

If you contact them individually, they will provide you with the profile. Guess they are reluctant to leave it out on the net for fear of folks not understanding the usage (not sure if I *completely* agree as one can always put in diclaimers and educate the customer).

Anyway, for those that want to soft-proof, email them and they will send you the profile.

Thanks,

Ajoy

• 2 weeks later...