Is there a way to setup the D5000 to release-priority?

dmitry_kiyatkin

<p>I set the AF to "AF-A" and "continues shooting mode." I use AF-L button to start AF. If I recompose while holding down the AE-L button, the shutter release. If I recompose without holding down the AE-L button, it does release when I depress the shutter. Is there a way to override this? I would like it to basically alway release the shutter no matter where the focus is.<br>

Thanks in advance,<br>

Dmitry</p>

<p>Dmitry.... Choose AF-C (Continuous Servo Autofocus) and see if it does what you are seeking. See page 54 in the Manual.</p>

<p>Alternately, use AF-S mode and push the shutter halfway to lock the autofocus, then recompose and push the shutter button the rest of the way to take the shot.</p>

<p>Don't know for sure about the D5000 but on other Nikons (including film) you would set the focus to AF-C, reprogram AE-L/AF-L to AF-On (unless you have a dedicated AF-On button on the camera). AF-C will force the camera into release priority on these cameras. No need to set it to continues shooting mode unless you want to of course. I think the key here is AF-C and not AF-A.</p>

<p>The camera would track focus while you press AF-On and you can fire the shutter with total disregard to the status of the AF system anytime you like.</p>