Is there a Farmer's Reducer equivalent for digital prints?

<p>Whether this is possible depends on what chemical process made the print. Assuming, that is, that's it's possible for any of them.</p>

<p>I vaguely recall Farmer's Reducer, but always thought it was for negatives. Was it also for prints?</p>

<p>Anyway, in the digital world, you mess with the digital file, not the print, so I have a feeling there's nothing out there for you.</p>

<p>Do you have a similar print on which you can make a test or two? If so you could start with an oxygen bleach, like Oxy-Clean, then work up to stronger solutions or chlorine bleach. Maybe just plain water would remove enough dye/pigment?<br>

To Marc and Mike, the OP did say "Farmer's Reducer equivalent" in the title.</p>

1. Printer papers are not designed for wet processing. This is ink, not light sensitive silver.

2. Lighter shades are not created by diluting the inks.

3. Just curious, you stated you're " not about to reprint the image". I interpret that to mean you'll live with the area darker

before you'd reprint it. Why not adjust the file and reprint?

• 3 weeks later...

The OP hasn't stated it is a digital print, nor that he has a digital version which he can print - or even whether it is monochrome or colour.

My reading is that it is possibly a commercially produced 'wet print', and the negative is no longer available. It may be possible to scan

in the print to give an acceptable digital version, which the OP could either manipulate in software as he pleases, or get this performed

by someone else, either way leaving the original pristine, if not to the OP's liking.