Is the Yongnuo Canon ST-E2 compatible with the Canon 6D?

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by mark_stephan|2, Mar 12, 2017.

1. I used my 5D (original 12.8mp body) and Yongnuo ST-E2 and 420 and 430EX's off camera for a lot of my work involving flash. I recently replaced the 5D with a 6D. I tried using the 6D and Yongnuo ST-E2 for some off camera flash work and every picture at every setting is terribly underexposed. I even dialed in +3.0 flash exposure and +5.0 compensation and slow shutter speeds trying to get an image that wasn't underexposed. To make sure my ST-E2 was in good working order I grabbed my 15 year old 1Ds and a couple of Speedlites and everything worked perfectly. Any idea what the problem might be? To make sure the Speedlite's weren't the problem I tried them on the 6D and didn't have any issues.Could the problem be that the Yougnuo ST-E2 is not communicating with my 6D?

2. I'll have a chance to try a Canon ST-E2 in a few days once it arrives in the mail. Real curious to see if Canon did something to make the Yongnuo incompatible with the 6D.

3. Are you sure it is not the flashes rather than the transmitter? After all the 6d flash was the 430 Ex II.

4. It doesn't work with the Yongnuo ST-E2 but it does work the Canon ST-E2 that I borrowed. I also borrowed a 580EX and it too underexposes badly when using the Yongnuo ST-E2. After doing a lot of internet searches I've found posts by other users of the Yonguno ST-E2 that stated it didn't work with their newer cameras. It worked perfectly with the 40D and 5D that I used to own. I still have a Canon 1Ds and the Yongnuo ST-E2 and my Speedlite 270, 430 and 420EX's work perfectly with the older camera. I'm now watching eBay looking for a good deal on the Canon transmitter.