Is the Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner any good?

I have an old Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner I use for large format scans.

I'd like to get a dedicated 35mm negative and slide scanner and found the

Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner on newegg.

There are a couple of reviews which are positive, but I'd like to know if anyone

here has one and can recommend it for scanning 35mm.

I bought one a while ago... like a year or two... not too bad... no ICE or anything like that.. but if you have pristine negatives, I think it does a decent job for 35mm. You can check out my gallery on here, most everything B/W was scanned with it. I don't do anything with color, so I cannot vouch for that. Also, I was not impressed with their bundled software... I use VUEscan.

I do most of my printing with a HiTouch 730PS dye-sub printer... which does up to 6x8 (odd size I know, but perfect for matting in an 8x10 frame).

What is that Plustek scanner cost these days... I got one of the very first ones for about 179.99$USD. Which at that price, there are not many comparable options... (Mind you, I'm strictly a hobbyist with no

formal training... (so I may be a bad judge of quality, see the scans for yourself @ http://www.photo.net/photos/3matthew3 )

Hi,

The main reason I change my mind not to choose KM Dimage Dual IV (actually, a good scanner!) w Plustek 7200i SE is its lack of infrared dust & scratch removal and can�t justify buying more expensive one. I totally move to digital age & not to use film anymore.

I realize that this feature is a must to scan film. I have a batch a collection of old pictures from mine & my late father that targeted to be converted to digital format. I try to use KM Dimage Dual IV but it is a painfully process, take hourly to patch w healing brush & stamp tools to patch part of damaged images in PS EL IV.

Yes, I miss some useful features. This film scanner can�t do manually focusing & also doesn�t have automatic film transporter. It�s mean I have to move film manually from one frame to others.

I also try to scanned w my friend Canon 9950f that produce good colour rendering but look so soft for 35 mm film.

Regards,

Ertomo