Is the ADOX CHS 25/50 decent, for re-loading? Any Experience

Discussion in 'Minox' started by minox_london, May 17, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,
    Did anyone experiment with the ADOX CHS 25 or 50 ASA? I would like to re-load a slower film, that is still forgiving of my constant under and over exposure.
    Thank you

2. I have used only a couple of rolls of Adox 25 ASA. It turned out well but I think it was the able German hands that it was given too and not mine. Nice grain structure and I too suffer over and under exposure habits. Just ask Carsten Chadt at lab811.com He develops my color print film and sends to one of his contacts in Germany for B&W processing. I do not know right off who he sent it too, perhaps you could contact him. Dont forget to repost once you get some shots developed. Good luck!

3. According to the ADOX site, 25 is very unforgiving to overexposure, but is alright with underexposure. They also mention that the 50 is the “preferred” one out of the 3 (25, 50, 100) because it's more tolerant of exposure while not having much more grain than the 25.
    I've never tried it — the above was only from memory from what I'd read on the site.

4. Thanks for the comments I will try out one roll of the Adox Chs25 and the suggested Efke KB25 and send you the results.... (cant wait) ....by the way... what is your -personal- favourite minox film?