Is T setting broken on my fujica GW690

nguyen_anh_mai

<p>Hello good people!<br>

I recently got my hand on the lovely Fujica GW690. I shot a roll in daylight and everything works great, the photo came out nicely. However, last night, while trying to do a long exposure shot with the camera, I realized that with T setting, the shutter dont keep opening but closed right away. Did I do something wrong or my T setting is broken?<br>

Thank you all!</p>

Ellis, the GW690's shutter doesn't have a bulb setting. The Time (T) setting is supposed to keep the shutter open until a

different shutter speed is selected. It also shuts when the film is wound on. Fuji warns against doing this, but it is something to watch out for.

Don't know what's causing the original problem but I'd suggest having the camera fixed/serviced if you still wish to shoot long exposures with.

<p>Normally, a T setting requires that the shutter be fired twice (B requires that you hold the shutter release down). Once to open the shutter and again to close it. This may be different with your Fuji(And it looks like it is). Regardless, it may be time to find a qualified(Someone who has experience) repair person. I have found references to GW690s with B settings and 690s with B/T issues. I am assuming that at this time, parts could be an issue :-(</p>

• 3 years later...

Also, the T setting on my cmera works fine when the back is open... Very straaange !

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem on my GSW690 :/ Did you get your GW fixed ? Do you know what the problem was ? Thanks a lot in advance !

Diego