Is PN campatible with all browsers?

douglas lee

Aside from occasional software bugs that are still popping up(albeit nowhere nearly as badly as this time last year) I have no trouble with Firefox.

I'm currently on MacOS 10.13.6 and Firefox 61.0.1.

The last time I accessed here through Safari, it worked fine also. In addition, I regularly access the forum from my PowerMac G5 on which I'm running TenFourFox 52(feature parity with Firefox 52 ESR) and the current version of Leopard Webkit(source parity with Safari).

Well, I can access the forums from my work PC via Chrome. Last night on my MacBook running the lastest version of the OS I cleared my history and deleted all cookies from Safari. Then I navigated to photo.net and was able to see all the forums. Great, I thought. I then logged in and clicked the Forums link next to my profile pic. Got the error message.

I don't have any issues accessing other sites. I'm on several other photo and motorcycle related forums and never had an issue. So, I assume there is some oddball incompatibility with photo.net, my account and my MacOS.

Oh well.

Douglas, it’s a quirk of PN2.0. You seem not be logged in, which I can tell because your name and avatar are not appearing in the upper right hand corner of the page. I have the same experience. When not logged in, I can view forums on my iPhone and iPad but NOT on my MacBook. When logged in, of course, I can view forums on all three. Believe it or not, even that is inconsistent. Sometimes, but rarely, I get to the forums on my laptop.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Re being logged in. Even though I logged in, it doesn't always seem to work. Its 50/50. Regardles, even when I am logged in, I cannot access the forum page.

I will try going directly to a forum on my ipad to see if that works. (Don't have my MacBook with me at work.)

Update:

Going directly to a forum didn't make a difference.

Edited by douglas lee

Checking error logs to see what the issue is from there.

I changed my email address back to the original one and I am able to login and see the forums as I should.

I received an email from photo.net asking if I had recently changed my email address as that has apparently caused some problems. So, I changed it back and all is well.

Thanks for the help.