Is Photo.net Dying?

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by jwink3101, Oct 20, 2002.

1. As with everything, there are going to be people protective of the site. It still serves a purpose and can be fun if you keep your expectations low, ignore the many software glitches and programming faults, and don’t compare it to days gone by. Though I still participate, I’m in your camp in thinking it’s a real shame and in some ways ridiculous how poorly it’s run. Nevertheless, it’s not a total loss.

2. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Words from a brilliant and reckless fellow, Dylan Thomas

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Ludmilla likes this.
  3. Talking about photography is practically dead.

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  4. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Like telling jokes? Only among close friends?:D

Ludmilla likes this.
  5. It works as it is, some of us like forums, some just posting pictures.
    Info and help available on request.
    Imaging world is evolving.

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  6. Interesting. I'm quite sure that a number of people who have wanted to quit the site, especially after embarrassing gaffes, would like to have the procedures you used to "pull everything off"

Name change? or how?

7. I took him to mean he removed all the photos from his gallery. As we all know, forum content can’t be removed by user, so he obviously didn’t mean that. Interestingly, even banning doesn’t remove one’s forum posts, though there is one exception which no moderator has figured out. One rather active person who was banned has had all of his forum posts removed as well, which leaves a lot of conversations that are very strange.
    Depends on how dead the brain cells are …

8. Exactly, which goes to my point that 'ric' was very likely not a frequent participant, with the possible exception of picture and portfolio posts, a fairly limited use of the P.net site.

9. I took ric at his word, having no reason to doubt him. Maybe he’ll explain it to you, if it matters enough to him.

10. Not sure the brain cells have anything to do with it. The chatter/feedback on flickr is also almost non-existent

11. Oh, I didn’t realize you were talking about photography talk being dead on social media. Sorry. I try to pay as little attention to social media trends as possible and still enjoy talking about photos with friends, fellow photographers, and other artists.

I wouldn’t discount brain cells in all this, especially as being affected by social media though, as I said, I’m far from an expert on the latter.

Ludmilla likes this.