Is my lens cracked?

<p>Hello. I recently found my dad's old Rollei 35 and after a shot through a roll, all the photos had a multicolored line going through the upper fifth of the photo. Does this mean the lens is cracked? Upon inspection of with my eye I couldn't see any problems which is why i am so confused.</p>

<p>thanks for the help in advance</p>

<p>To show up on the film a lens defect would have to be pretty serious and clearly visible when inspecting the lens with with the naked eye. Have a look at this test:<br>

http://kurtmunger.com/dirty_lens_articleid35.html<br>

I suspect in your case fault in a film processing issue is more likely the cause rather than the lens. Were you shooting negative film - if so, how do the negatives look like?</p>

<p>Just saw your picture now. That is definitely not a lens or camera problem. It could be caused by the machine doing the film processing but it looks more like a digital artefact caused by the scanner.<br>

I would just ask the lab that did the scanning to do it again.</p>

<p>

Thanks everyone. I looked over the negatives again and it does not appear to be scratched. I must assume that it was then a processing error as the streak occurred in the same spot on each printed photo. I will go back to the photo lab tomorrow to ask for the photos to be re-printed and scanned.

</p>