Is Ken Rockwell's Site Down/Gone?

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by Vincent Peri, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

I tried to log into Ken Rockwell's webpage, but I get this:

403: Forbidden
    This page cannot be displayed

Anyone else seeing that?

2. Same here......

3. SCL

SCL

+1

4. He has had issues from time to time, I'm sure it will be back soon.

5. Vincent Peri

Hmm... Vincent is climbing
    the walls. He needs his Ken
    Rockwell fix...
    [​IMG]

6. I thought everybody hated the guy. Anyway, he's baaaaack.

7. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Don't go there often, but the guy is a character, often amusing, and at least in the narrow area of Nikon gear, I find most of his content credible.

Vincent Peri likes this.
  8. Speaking as a sort of site historian of Photokistan, there were times when some of the forums (as I recall, especially the Nikon one) would reject any effort to post a link to the Hypnoken.
    There are some sections of his postings that are very good. Unfortunately, other things were just wrong, sometimes ludicrous.

It is a classic example of what happens when peer review is absent from formal discourse.

In short, the "internets"o_O

9. Vincent Peri

Hmm... I LOVE ludicrous...
    Got any examples...?
    [​IMG]

10. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Voldemort! The name that must not be spoken.

11. Gee, Rockwell's site looks alive and well--and redesigned. The familiar screaming-Velvia-on-acid saturation, too. Wonder what his Alexa score is relative to PN?

12. I use his site for the origin of the cameras and lenses. No other site post that information and unless I can find such a camera or lens in a local store I am out of luck.

13. He's baaaaaaaack...

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  14. What if ... Ken Rockwell posts a review of PN on his website (PN as in 'Past Nostalgia' or 'Present Nightmare' :D:D)

Sandy Vongries and Vincent Peri like this.
  15. kenrockwell.com: global 17,293, US: 7,695
    photo.net: global: 26,004, US: 10,747

16. Ken Rockwell is well loved & I believe everything he writes. I have a Greek like statue, fountain made in his image, that trickles water in my back yard. It soothes me and helps me find all my F stops that I can't keep track of. He & I are one.

Uhooru and chulster like this.
  17. I think I saw that statue in Brussels .......

graham_evans|2 likes this.
  18. Vincent Peri

Hmm... wanna go out for
    a beer...?
    [​IMG]

19. While some or all of the above may or may not be true, both positive and negative, I'm quite certain Ken laughs heartily every month when he reads his bank statement, and the substantial income he appears to receive from his online efforts.:p:rolleyes: In fact, I used his links today when I ordered my Refurb D810 (hurray!!!) from Adorama. I also picked up our firm's new 19mm PC tilt/shift lens today. It was a big day in the GAS department!

Sandy Vongries likes this.