Is Ken Rockwell's Site Down/Gone?

Speaking as a sort of site historian of Photokistan, there were times when some of the forums (as I recall, especially the Nikon one) would reject any effort to post a link to the Hypnoken.

There are some sections of his postings that are very good. Unfortunately, other things were just wrong, sometimes ludicrous.

It is a classic example of what happens when peer review is absent from formal discourse.

In short, the "internets"o_O

Ken Rockwell is well loved & I believe everything he writes. I have a Greek like statue, fountain made in his image, that trickles water in my back yard. It soothes me and helps me find all my F stops that I can't keep track of. He & I are one.
  • Like 2

Ken Rockwell is well loved & I believe everything he writes. I have a Greek like statue, fountain made in his image, that trickles water in my back yard. It soothes me and helps me find all my F stops that I can't keep track of. He & I are one.

Hmm... wanna go out for

a beer...?

http://bayouline.com/o2.gif

While some or all of the above may or may not be true, both positive and negative, I'm quite certain Ken laughs heartily every month when he reads his bank statement, and the substantial income he appears to receive from his online efforts.:p:rolleyes: In fact, I used his links today when I ordered my Refurb D810 (hurray!!!) from Adorama. I also picked up our firm's new 19mm PC tilt/shift lens today. It was a big day in the GAS department!
  • Like 1

I don't think you're telling the truth.

Well, it's down, again... Bye the bye: I saw an interesting clip from Tony & Chelsea Northrup in support and defense of the infamous Mr. Rockwell. In the linked video, they become KR's apologists at about 28:40.
I actually think it's kind of funny, since I've met, traveled, and photographed with Ken and have a certain appreciation for his personality and sense of humor. That does NOT mean I always agree with him or the positions he takes. Anyway, enjoy or not, as you like...