is it possible to shoot tethered wirelessly?

bikealps

<p>I have a Nikon D3 and use Lightroom 3.6. I have used tethered shooting in the studio and really like it.</p>

<p>Using Pocket Wizards, I can trigger my strobes wirelessly but I still have a wire hanging off the camera if I choose to shoot tethered.</p>

<p>Is it possible to link the camera to the PC using a wireless connection?</p>

<p>I agree with Pat and the others. The Eye-fi is awful...just not worth it. It is insanely slow, and the interface is a joke. It may work for uploading JPEGs straight to whatever site they have a deal with, but it is not for transfering RAW files around. It couldn't do it on my D80. It would just get one or two files up an hour. And this is me working a few feet away from my router. It also drains your battery because you have to set the sleep mode timer to off. So the camera is always awake and sucking down power. I noticed a big difference. My D800 will never have that thing in it. <br>

The USB cable is your best option. Wireless anything is usually slower than wired anything now. And wired is cheaper. In fact, for the money, you could get a cheap laptop with a good sized hdd and a long USB cable for what Nikon charges for their WiFi module. Literally use it as a dedicated "shooting PC." </p>

<p> </p>