Is it advisable to own both Panasonic GH4 and Fuji XT1

nirvan_a

<p>I don't know if "advisable" is the correct term. For some people it certainly isn't "advisable" because they are overly obsessive and adding a 2nd brand with different features can create anxiety and confusion....but for most people it isn't an issue or even a particular challenge...we use multiple brands and switch around as the situation or mood drives us.</p>

It depends on how important it is to you to have more video features available, which would tell you whether it makes

sense to have a second system just for its video features, and whether a GH4 (and M4/3 in general) is the best choice for

your video needs, which would tell you whether that particular camera is the one to get.

If you seldom shot video, who cares? You already have a neck of a good camera that is fine for an occasional video. If

you shot video often, and get paid for it, you should probably be looking at more serious video cameras than an M4/3. If

you're just enthusiastic about video, and do find the Fuji limiting, maybe adding a Panasonic makes sense.

<p>Personally, I hate having more than one system as it is just another thing to think about before you actually take pics, so no. I would pick a system that does everything you want in one package, if possible. In the past I have had 3 systems going at once, but I have renounced this as the work of the devil (for now at least).</p>
Robin Smith

You have our blessing to shoot with as many systems as you can afford. They all seem to have their forte' or niche and style. I have been satisfied with micro four thirds, true, but I could easily handle another variety or two, so I see more upsides than downsides to mixing brands and sizes. Yes, there is a learning curve and accessory and battery storage and then the labeling...but what else do we have to do that supercedes?. I mean to say go for what makes you HAPPY. And many out there in camera land sure manage to juggle a few brands and styles.

Good luck and good tidings. PS. That GH4 looks to be one powerful picture making machine. One day I am thinking, of it, as I enjoy the old but capable GH 2......Aloha, gerry

<p>Unfortunately the X-T1 cannot match the video Panasonics. It seems that Fuji is more focused on still imagery. The GH4 is also a great stills camera in its own right. Depends on how important video is to you. You require great video for your work than the G4 does take really good video.</p>

<p>I once went out on a workshop day with a 4x5 Arca, a Hasselblad, and a Nikon D200. The only place I went was crazy. However, if the machines fulfill a different niche, e.g. use one for stills, one for video and do not try to do both at the same time, you'll likely do fine. Many families own two cars; I suspect they are not often the same make. Good luck and just have fun.</p>