Is gallery page down?

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by Sanford, Sep 3, 2021.

1. I noticed those 404-error messages yesterday and it seems to be the same today, too. The trending gallery thumbnail photos are ok, but I can't open any of them.

Sanford likes this.
  2. I have the same problem.I can still upload photos,submit for critique,view trending,view photos in critique line but cannot comment, This new malfuction not related to my status as I have just renewed my subscription less than a month ago.

Sanford likes this.
  3. Really no point in renewing membership now.

4. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to all for the inconvenience. My Profile also gets the 401 message, but the gallery works, photos will open, and someone even left an admire on a test photo I posted yesterday. I have no suggestions other than to hunker down for a bit and see what happens. Personally, I would not renew till things are working properly.

Sanford likes this.
  5. WJT

WJT Moderator

I, also, am getting the 404 error. Perhaps this is just the servers doing their weekly auto maintenance? In any event I think the time has arrived to start whittling down my posted portfolio, if possible. Regards.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  6. You, my friend, are an optimistic person...hope you are right.

7. WJT

WJT Moderator

Yes, always the optimist. I would hate to lose control over everything that I have uploaded on this site.

Sanford likes this.
  8. I noticed a couple of 404's but I also had a problem opening a YouTube page around the same time. *X&$#**X&$#**X&$#**X&$#* happens it's not always the fault of PN;)

9. It appears PN has a problem with bodily functions.

10. I too began to get the 404 error message yesterday Sept 3, 2021. Firefox said it was last updated August 24, 2021 to version 91.0.2. I get the error message when clicking on the title of my images and those of others and if I click on the “view button”. I am able to bring up the image (and not the 404 error) when I click on the image itself. Many photographers who I am not “following” are showing up on my favorite photographers screen/list. Hope this added info helps with solving this problem.

11. My portfolio page is back now.

As long as the NO WORDS forum is up, I'll linger here.

12. I still get the error message for your portfolio page as well as everyone else's participating in this thread, including me.

13. Sandy Vongries

I can only open my own portfolio. I have a vague recollection of another time that we had major problems over a long Holiday Week End. Have no idea if / when we can expect a fix, but best guess would be Tuesday. Just hunker down and take advantage of anything you have found that will work for you.

Sanford likes this.
  14. Maybe it's time to do a bunch of selfies! :)

15. Sandy Vongries

Nah, the camera never lies - I prefer what I see in the shaving mirror. I can select the parts I like and ignore the rest.

16. LOL. Of course, ironically, the flip side of that is true as well. The camera always lies.

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  17. brf

brf

I wonder if anyone on PN monitors this? First we no longer get notices via email when a comment is left, now this - I've been with PN for ages and stay with it for the friends we've made, a group that is dwindling. Now, no way to leave a comment since get the 404 thing when trying to open view. One can hope this will be fixed- hard when there is no one to communicate with in admin.

18. Some of the moderators do, but they're powerless to do anything about it or even be in contact with someone who could. My guess is no one else monitors this.

19. I believe Photo.net is hosted on servers in the North-eastern part of the U.S. It is possible that the the data center has been adversely affected by Hurricane Ida.

20. LOL. PN was adversely affected long before Hurricane Ida was a gleam in climate change’s eye. Ida’s responsible for enough devastation. I mean, she even took on the NYC subways! Don’t lay PN’s long-term, consistent and recurring troubles at her feet as well. :)