Is anyone using a control surface for video or audio editing?

MichaelChang

<p>I've been using a Tascam control surface for audio mixing and editing for a while under Adobe Audition but never thought to use the controller for video editing since I don't shoot enough video as a hobbyist.</p>

<p>Anyway, I managed to get the thing working under Sony Vegas, and boy what a difference in convenience!</p>

<p>I'm still exploring the setup and control mapping, but the convenience of having buttons and knobs, transport controls, and jog wheel is a real joy; I can see myself doing more video work if only because the workflow will be so much more pleasant than using a mouse and keyboard.</p>

<p>Automation rocks, and that old piece of gear works under Windows 10 too, amazing for something that's 12 years old designed for XP and still as functional today as the day it was made.</p>

<p>If you do a lot of video work the old fashion way, I'd definitely recommend looking into a controller. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi Alan, I know they can be mapped to Premier, but not sure about Elements. </p>

<p>If you're running Elements, you might check in the Help files to see if automation is supported. </p>

<p>I'm not very familiar with video automation, but in my case I used Mackie Control Emulation to get it to work under Sony Vegas - I believe Adobe Premier works the same way. </p>

<p>The unit I have is a Tascam FW-1884 which is an older Firewire 24 bit/96kHz interface with an 8 channels audio mixer that also works as a standalone console which is now obsolete - they're all USB these days but mine works under Windows 10 so there's no reason to upgrade. </p>