Is 36-exp 400TMY ("new TMY") available in 20-pack bricks in U.S.?

ralph_jensen

<p>I get Tri-X at one of the majors for (100' bulk / single roll) USD46.95 / 3.50 and TMY is 49.95 / 3.90. Nowhere near the +50% charged by digitaltruth.<br>

I'm pretty positive that Kodak have been using a lot of extra chemistry in their Tri-X production line too since the latest taming of The Oldie (2003?).</p>

<p>I find that when you buy brick quantities of film from Adorama or B&H (and presumably Freestyle but I've not tried it), you get a brick or box. I often get large quantities of 135-36 Fuji Superia in various sizes, and I get it in bricks anytime I order enough. It's easier for them to fill the order that way.</p>

<p>My lines were mainly in reply to John's remark about the sensitization processes and those chemicals...<br>

To SMC, Larry, and whoever else got puzzled, please read:<br /> I believe that for getting the grain size of Tri-X even smaller when they did the last update on it (and leaving every other parameter/attribute unchanged!), they probably had to change just as much in the production process of the emulsion as they had to for TMY-2.<br /> (Now, if that was clearer...)</p>