Invoice models, please.

<p>Hello.<br>

I just covered a portraiture session to a local Texas artist for her personal/ academic portfolio. She asked me to provide her with an invoice in order to deduce the costs it from her taxes. I bought a invoice booklet at walmart, but I did not liked too much.<br>

May any one show me and example / model of invoices ? what should I consider at the time of making my custom invoices? (serial numbers, names.... etcetera). <br>

Thank you for your valuable help.</p>

<p>JC</p>

<p>Emerson is right, it doesn't have to be fancy. If however you do want something a bit more professional looking you can try Quicken or Quickbooks, they are professional business software that has invoicing in it. Alternatively there are some free options, just do a search for free invoicing software or open source invoicing software.<br>

In general however you should include</p>

<ul>

<li> Your clients name, address and maybe contact info</li>

<li>Your Name or your business name, address and contact info (always have contact info in as many places as possible so its easy for a client to find for someone else.)</li>

<li>Date</li>

<li>An itemized list of products</li>

<li>Product(s) description</li>

<li>Price per unit</li>

<li>Number of Units</li>

<li>Subtotal</li>

<li>Sales tax</li>

<li>Final total</li>

<li>Thank you statement</li>

<li>Your Logo</li>

<li>Perhaps a payment due date if needed</li>

</ul>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>J.C:</p>

<p>If you should collect sales tax or not depends on what you're selling and on the local laws. See a local CPA that can help with that. Most states that have sales tax impose it on prints, frames etc but not on digital files.</p>

<p>Also, I'll e-mail you my basic invoice that certainly isn't anything flashy.</p>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>