Introduction

leicaglow

<p>Okay, here it goes. I'm really nervous. <g></p>

<p>My mother dropped my on my head at a grocery store when I was young. I'm sure this has a lot to do with how I turned out, but regardless, I started photographing when I was 7 years old, and had a darkroom at 12 (I'm now 51). I've got developer in my veins. I had my first image displayed at the Portland Art Museum when I was 18, and a full exhibit in college. I got a sweet gig working for the US distributor of Hasselblad, and bought my first one when I was about 21. I met a lot of great people, bought my first Leica (an M4-2, winder, and f/1 Noctilux). The Nikon rep and I started a commercial photography firm, specializing in architectural, product, fashion, and aerial work. I also worked as a string for a wire service, and also with a movie studio, photographing movies for local press, including the movie Animal House.</p>

<p>I spent a lot of years starting and selling technology firms, and returned full time to photography about 5 years ago. I continually shot commercial work for key clients that I did not want to lose, but lately I have been working more on books and gallery work, and have had the most success in selling large prints through key interior designers, which is how I make most of my revenue.</p>

<p>I am working on a new product, called Orfolio (.com) which will allow photographers and artists to put their portfolios online using a home PC computer (no host is needed), and includes a PayPal interface, making it easy to capture sales, and a blog and newsletter system.</p>

<p>My photo assistant is my dog, Calvin, a 4 year old Bichon Frise. We thoroughly enjoy living in Central Oregon, where we photograph with everything from digital, antique, 35mm, Hasselblad, Holga, and large format cameras.</p>

<p>My most recent book is "Winters Chant", and I have had pretty good success with an instructional book on stand development, entitled, "Iridescent Light - the Art of Stand Development", both available on Blurb.com.</p>