Introducing myself

sfh

This is my first time posting. I've been viewing and reading for almost a month, and decided its time to

'get in the game.' I'm probably quite a bit younger than the 'average user' (I read in the Terms that average

Joe User was 40), but I'm not going to say how old. Yes I read the terms of use - No I'm not bothered by

nude photography - I work in a photo lab.

A little bit about myself. My name is Forrest and I'm a beginner. I'll be posting in a wide variety of forums; I

do digital photography, and work in a photo lab, so I will be posting for myself, asking questions to help

clients, talking about minilabs and processing, etc.

In terms of what I use, I have a Canon Rebel XT 8 megapixel, edit on a MacBook, print on Fuji Crystal

Archive on an Agfa D-lab.3 in my lab, and I'm probably forgetting things.

I've been published in the Vancouver Sun (large scale newspaper in British Columbia, Canada). And one of

my photographs was made into 10,000 postcards, one given to each delegate at the 2006 World Urban

Forum. I currently have the first picture in my photobucket, which for now is the only place I have my

photos, but I am looking into getting a domain name.

In the future, I hope to possibly branch out into wedding photography. I think it may be a while before I'm

ready enough to be trusted with a responsibility that soon, and I'd need to get a second body, but its a

possibility.

Currently, I am planning a trip to South America (brazil? Peru? not sure yet) and am wondering what lenses

I should consider buying. I know the basics, I have a 75-300 zoom, and an 18-55, and I'm getting a

Speedlight flash next week, and I know to bring plenty of memory cards. What other lenses should I

consider for a variety of different photos? Also, anyone know of any travel agencies that specialize in

going on the 'rough route'? I don't want to be spending the night in hotels and such... I want to go on a

trip where I'm going into tribes and going down the river on a little boat, etc.

I to have only been on PN for just over a month. I watched for a while and then... took the plunge. My husband bought me the membership and I was off. So... I am looking forward to your pictures being posted. I ram REALLY looking forward to your pictures of your trips but mostly I would like to see what you do with your Digital Photography. My main suggestion is that you get yourself a membership as your ability to access so much more on PN will be available (and without the advertisements if that bothers you any). You will be able to get more photo's rated and upload more pictures etc... <br>I am selfish and would like to see as many photo's as you have available to upload so please start showing us what you got (BIG SMILE) <br><center>Thank you for introducing yourself! ~ micki