Interval Timer Shooting D300s Problem

phil_cuddy

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>i tried interval timer shooting to stack images of stars.<br /> i had the camera on manual focus, exposure at 30s f4 iso800, bracketing off, single shot mode. I set the interval shooting to 999x1. the camera started taking pictures fine, fine but stopped after 30 or so shots. This happened 3 times, so am posting for help here.</p>

<p>Cheers</p>

<p>well, have found the problem, but not the solution.<br /> when i start the interval shooting the top display shows 999, then on the second shot it shows 966, then 933 etc. what have i done to cause this. i am guessing its something to do with the interval setting. so if i want to continuously take 30s exposures- how should i set this up? <br /> driving me insane...</p>

<p>i tried that - if i set an interval time of 31s, it pauses between shots. though if i set exposure time for 5s and the interval for 6, it seems fine. it seems to me that if the time for the second exposure has passed before the first has completed, it waits until the next time interval before taking pictures again. has anybody found a workaround or am i doing it wrong... </p>

<p>I could try later, since I don't have my camera with me right now. I have done it in the past using a remote MC-36, but that's slightly different.</p>

<p>Anyway I found <a href="http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1039&message=28842677">this thread</a> on another site with the same issue and it seems that it finally worked using an interval time of 33 seconds.</p>