Superpan Press "film, no other indication for this film, just this

brand name.

I know that there are 12 exposures because the paper tabs protruding

from each of the film packs are there, all 12 of them. I removed

the film from the metal pack container, and it came out in a metal

box, open on one side, with a piece of black paper acting as a dark

slide.

My question is: does someone know how to use this device ? Are

there some instructions on its operation.

I searched the net ( google ), and the only answer that I came up

with was that the film pack is obsolete.

I am thinking that the film is potentially good ( ??? ) and it is

worth spending an hour exposing and developing it, or possibly not.

...Nevertheless. If one of the forum members is interested in

these packs, and thinks of a better use for them than myself, it is

possible to obtain them from me. Please drop me a line if you wish

so. The two film packs are free, except for shipping. This does not

include the Graflex metal holders, I am using them for GG containers.

Thank you.

Diwan, it's not all that complicated, but the best I can tell you is that they are internally much like a Polaroid pack. Why don't you email Eastman Kodak and/or Eastman House and see if they have instructions?

Dear Bill:

Thanks for the response. I will do as indicated. I checked the Pola packs, since they look the same, but in the case of the Pola, the positive comes out.

No problem in removing the dark slide on the film pack, my question is what does one do with the exposed film afterwards.

Thanks. Maybe I can put them to good use. I have a box of 100 TMAX100 4x5 in the freezer that I am dying to finish... and get a new one. This film pack was a bonus that just happened. Possibly the film is so old that it lost all its contrast, but one never knows. These old films were of really good quality.

You expose the film by pulling pack holder slide then pulling a blank sheet. shoot & pull the paper tab.On & on until all twelve are exposed. Most people rip off the the paper tab after each exposure,otherwise it gets a bit of a problem working with all those tabs. Once the 12 are shot you may remove the pack from the holder don't press on the center or you may fog the film handle by the edges.It's been many years since I used one but I believe there is a metal band that goes accross the pack. In the dark you would undo it to open the pack to get to your film. The film is much thinner than standard sheet film,more like roll film. You would need to gently pull the remaining paper off the edge of the film before processing. The film may or may not fit into a standard 4x5 sheet film hanger,but..it more than likely would fall out during processing. They used to make a hanger with 2 gator type clips that would work or probably the easiest way would be to tray deveop a sheet at a time. If you feel brave you can do more than one at a tine but don't keep your fingers in one place the whole time and careful it you shuffle them. Ok perhaps others who have used them more recently can give you a couple other heads up.

Operational instructions are correct.

The film as as thin as 120 rollfilm, maybe thinner. When you pull a tab, it makes a U-turn through the bottom of the pack to go into the back. I developed the half-exposed pack that came with my Recomar 33 in plastic tubes in a 1 quart tank.

To open the pack, slide off the metal part, around where the tabs came out. In the dark, of course. Then hinge the pack open. Each sheet of film is held onto a paper backing with a very thin glued-on sheet of paper at one edge. By now, it's quite nasty to remove, everything being dried out by 30+ years.

No idea if your film is still good. I've read that the Ansco B&W films have good keeping qualities. No idea on Plus-X. I did expose the rest of my Tri-X pack, it was slow, but not dead at all. The latent images were fantastic.

Once you get film out of the pack, the best way to develop is definitely in trays. Eventually the paper pull glued to the film will soak through and you can just pull it off without harming the film. Once you figure out how it works, it's easy to remove just the exposed films. It used to be called "robbing the pack."

Thanks everyone:

The answer is that the film, after being exposed, pulls a U-turn inside the pack, effectively putting it at the bottom of the stack.

Once I read this, all fell in place. Just pull the paper tabs, expose, pull the film into the back of the holder and that is it.

As to developing, I develop 4x5 with a Unicolor 8x10 drum. I usually presoak all my film to remove the antihalation ink. I will do the same with this film, but after presoaking, back in the darkroom to remove the backing paper. Developing should be straight forward after that.

I got these pack film holders as supports for GG for my modified P-110 camera. They work great, as they have Graflok system and therefore they are really easy to put in and out. Much easier than the regular Graflok GG. I use most of the time Grafmatic film holders, so it does not make sense for me to carry a huge GG contraption that is a pain to remove.

Thank you gentlemen, your help has been very valuable and illustrative. I feel now that I have a little bit of the lore of ancient film...

Thank you.