installing photoshop elements 6 on a mac

<p>I just got elements 6 for mac. The in box instructions say to insert the disc into the drive and follow the on screen instructions. I inserted the disc but there are no on screen instructions. What appears is a box, that says "elements 6", there are 11 items, 26.4 mb available. Of those items, an icon like figure of a camera that says elements 6 is on the top left and on the right hand side is a list of language choices. Anyway, I can't seem to install the software. Adobe has no telephone support number. Can anyone here help me out ? Thanks-----Jerry</p>

<p>Thanks Rich. I spent a couple of hours researching this problem and found a site called "mooseyard.com/jens"<br>

Lots of folks had the exact problem.There is even a picture of the screen I described and the answer is right there ! It's an adobe issue that needs to be fixed. It take several steps and I do not remember them all in detail, but the software is finally installed. The installation took about 20 minutes. For future reference, if any one buys elements 6 for mac and has an installation issue, there is were the answer will be.</p>

<p>Your plight made me curious so I hunted up the full URL to Jens Alfke's tale of installing Photoshop Elements 6 ... <br /><br /> Thought I'd post the full URL in case others need it: <br /> <a href="http://mooseyard.com/Jens/2008/04/on-first-installing-adobes-photoshop-elements-6/" target="new1"> mooseyard.com/Jens/2008/04/on-first-installing-adobes-photoshop-elements-6</a> <br /><br>

Pretty silly stuff.</p>

<p>Godfrey</p>