Installing DPP without original CD?

john clark

Hi folks.

I have a 10D which I have owned since new and have lost the cd that came with it. I now wish to install

DPP 3.2 and have downloaded it for my OSX machine, but it won't install without at least one of the

original applications.

Having had a quick look around the Canon website I can only find 'updaters' and no original installations -

do you know if these are available online? I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be.

Any help much appreciated.

john

I have read the same question in the forum in the past, try looking for it. I recall the answer was that the updater is actually the full installation, and you can tweak the Windows Registry (don't know the corresponding under OSX) to make the updater believe the application is already installed.

JC, we have the same exact problem yesterday. i want to install DPP on my office desktop but cant find downlaodable installer online. but i still have my original CD thats why i copied the installer on my thumb drive to use here at my office pc. goodluck if you could find online!

MM

For Windows, all you have to do is make a registry key file containing the following:<br>

<br>

<tt><blockquote>Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00<br>

<br>

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canon\EOS Utility]<br>

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canon\DPP]<br>

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX]</tt></blockquote><br>

<p><p>

Apply to the registry, and then install the "update".

<p>

So, in other words, it's just checking for a bare framework in place. I don't know what the OSX equivalent to this would be.

• 2 years later...

<p>This is the reg code for Windows 64-bit users...<br /> <tt></tt></p>

<blockquote><tt>Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00<br /> <br /> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\EOS Utility]<br /> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\DPP]<br /> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX]</tt></blockquote>

<p>Enjoy!</p>

• 2 years later...

<p>I just found this!<br>

If you go to usa.canon.com, cameras, EOS cameras, view all, Canon 70D, Drivers and Software, select the OS an version, EOS Digital Solution Disk Software" is a software suite containing the applications "Digital Photo Professional", "EOS Utility" and "Picture Style Editor", accept the disclaimer, put in your camera serial number (EXiF has it also).</p>