INSSTRO Flash Accessories & Nikon SB-800

Hi all,

I have several Nikon SB-800 flashes which continue to work well. Recently on a trip, where I didn't have access to my Nikon flashes I discovered the INSSTRO magnetic flash accessories on Amazon. Unfortunately, on the compatibility list the Nikon SB-800 is not mentioned, only more modern flashes, like Godox, etc.

Does anybody know if the INSSTRO Accs. Holder fits the SB-800 head? I'd also like to use it on my old Vivitar 283 flashes. Would it fit there?

Andy

Looks like a near-useless gimmick to me. If you need the quick-change colour filters it's probably quite convenient, but the grid and diffuser will do almost nothing. Nothing that a cheap push-on diffuser won't do anyway, since no light source only 4" diameter deserves to be called a 'softbox'. Also, the one and only time I tried a grid on a speedlight, it turned the beam into a spotty gobo.

I found a similar device in a rummage bin a few years ago. It was dirt cheap and I thought it might be useful - wrong! It's about as much use as a third glove.

There's probably a good reason that it's marked as 'currently unavailable' on Amazon's UK website.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1