Inkjet paper with surface like RA4 Kodak N surface / Fuji Matte

<p>Hi Folks, I am looking for an inkjet paper to use with Epson R3000 and R3880 printers that has a surface similar to RA4 matte surface papers like Kodakcolor N Surface and Fujicolor Matte surface. I tried Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Luster this weekend and while the color and lack of bleed makes good prints, I am not really happy with the surface shininess and pebbly texture. I would prefer a finer textured and less reflective surface. I have ordered a Moab sample pack, but any suggestions for other papers to try would be appreciated.</p>

<p>Thanks Tim, I’m not after a watercolor type matte, though I do like the Epson Enhanced Matte/Ultra Premium Presentation Matte papers. But in the conventional RA4 color photographic papers “matte” surface is really a semi-gloss with some sheen and with a very fine texture. That’s what I am after.</p>

<p>I am hoping that one of the Moab Colorado papers will be good. They are supposed to imitate classic B&W fiber glossy papers, with one version, the Satine finish being a bit more textured. I am getting 2 sample packs tomorrow and will make some test prints after profiling the papers with my ColorMunki Design spec.</p>

<p>I got 2 Moab paper sample boxes and have been calibrating papers with a ColorMunki Design then doing some test prints. I really do like the Moab Colorado Fiber Satine paper. It doesn’t really look like Kodakcolor N Surface, but more resembles an air-dried B&W fiber paper, much as Moab describes it. The Colorado Fiber Satine is a very nice surface with color prints too. I think I may like it better than the C-Print N/Matte finish. I do wish Moab would produce it in 13” roll though. They only have 17”, 24” and 44” rolls and cut sheets. I have ordered some 8.5x11” and 13x19” I will probably do 17x22” prints later at the New England School of Photography digital lab.</p>

• 1 year later...
<p>Thanks, Saba. No, I can no longer do RA4 printing because all the Boston area art schools and photography schools have closed their RA4 color darkrooms. I have switched to digital inkjet printing only, and I also have RA4 paper that I will probably never get to use up. It’s rather sad to see it go to waste. However, I’ve gotten very good at inkjet printing since I opened this thread, and it has many advantages over RA4 in terms of fine control of color and contrast.</p>