Inkjet Equivalent to Agfa Portriga?

<p>Hello All,<br>

I'm looking for suggestions on an inkjet paper with as close a match as possible to the surface, weight, and tone of Agfa Portiga black and white glossy fiber paper. Surface is the most important consideration of the three.<br>

Black and white inkjet printing would be done on an Epson 11880 with the standard Epson ink set.<br>

So far, I'm looking at Museo Silver Rag, Epson Exhibition Fiber, and Harman Inkjet Gloss FB Al (regular or warmtone).<br>

Handcoating may be an option, but a roll option is preferable.<br>

Any ideas are much appreciated! Thank you.</p>

<p>Portriga Rapid (as opposed to Brovira) had a particular warm tone that I intentionally approximate with both matte and "air dried gloss" using Epson 3800, Epson pigments, and the Epson driver...PRINTER controlled (that is to say, not Photoshop controlled and not ABW). If the original is a DSLR file I convert in the simplest way in Lightroom, export to Photoshop. My process isn't kosher (ie Photoshop doesn't control the printer) but it works beautifully.<br>

My favorite Portriga-emulating paper is Ilford Gold Fiber Silk, but the faint texture may not be to your taste...despite the name it's not really silk-like...it may actually seem to you to have more zip than Portriga had because of the surface. I think there's a smoother version. The weight is perfect for my purposes @ 310gsm (somewhat heavier than Agfa's "double weight"). Moab Satine may be as good for your purposes. </p>