Infra red portraits anyone?

Discussion in 'Wedding and Event' started by ericm, Mar 18, 2004.

1. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

I just found a work print from this infra red portrait I achieved. I now wish I took the extra half an hour at the time to do a final for myself. The final had more contrast and a more centered framing. Thoughts, comments and trolls welcome…
    007j18-17074484.jpg

2. Thats a great shot!You might try not having huge white areas in the sky though(the eye is drawn to the brightest part of a scene).

3. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

Thanks Steve! The final did end up with a tighter and more centered crop, eliminating most of the empty white. This was full frame on one of my Besler neg carriers that I filed out for "sloppy borders”.

4. Agree with Steve about the spot of sky! However, I love this! Great Timeless feel to it.

5. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

Okay...
    007jDw-17080684.jpg

6. Cropped version is much better, Eric. It's a lovely capture...very nice feel.

7. Great! What a difference.. Beautiful!!

8. Is this IR ,or sepia toned B&W?

9. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

Read my first post. Kodak High Speed, printed on colour paper. In order to post here it was flatbed scanned and adjusted in Photoshop.

10. Its a wonderfull shot but,it doesnt look like IR?

11. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

Nice shot too Edsel. Next time, try even and flat lighting. this over exposed shot might look great on colour paper too.