Inexpensive solution for high quality wireless microphone

MichaelChang

<p>I can't justify the hundreds of dollars in cost for a high quality wireless mic for my DSLR rig just for the occasional use, and the gear packaging also meant it can be a challenge for portable use.</p>

<p>Instead, I bought a pair of Bluetooth <a href="http://soundexpert.org/news/-/blogs/bluetooth-audio-quality-a2dp">A2DP</a> transceivers for $21.89/ea. on eBay including free shipping from China which have worked out well for my needs. Do a search for "2 in 1 Wireless Bluetooth Audio Music Stereo Receiver Transmitter 3.5mm Jack New"</p>

<p>It worked without issues going through a couple of walls and the audio quality is excellent. Pairing was no problem and I experienced no dropouts.</p>

<p>I thought level matching might be a problem since the device has no gain controls, but I've tried it with a couple of Sony Mid-Side stereo mics and a shotgun mic (all internally powered with 1.5V battery) and it presented no problems as I'm able to adjust levels at the receiving end on my recorder and with no detectable hiss or noise problems.</p>

<p>The only issue with this setup that I've encountered is the Bluetooth latency which means I can't monitor the audio input via headphones live, and the timeline in post needs to be shifted accordingly, but otherwise it turned out to be the perfect low cost solution for me. <br>

</p>

<p> </p>