Indoor basketball game and Fuji Superia 800? Help quick!

d_price

I just got tickets at the last minute to tonights Lakers vs. Nicks

game at the Staples Center! And amazing seats!!

The pro lab is too far out of the way to swing by before the game at

7pm pacific time. Can I shoot with Fuji Superia 800 and be ok with

the existing light levels? Or should I rate it at 1600 and have it

pushed? I thought I'd be ok with the box rating because I'm not sure

how this film handles when pushed.

Thanks

LOL, actually I shot two rolls of Superia 800 last night. One I pushed to 1600 and the other I pushed to 1250. We'll see how it comes out. This is the first time that I've ever done it. Does anyone have any examples of this film pushed?

I have shot Superia 800 at 1600 and had the lab do standard processing with good results. Color negative film has lots of exposure latitude and most any under exposure of 1-2 stops can easily be compensated for in the printing process. It is sometimes hard to find a lab that can correctly push process film and it usually costs more. Sometimes the results are sketchy. Take this for what it is worth since it has been over two years since I shot any film.

a lot depend on where you were seated. the courtside or the upper cheap seats. i shot some photos of the 1975 Golden State Warriors during their unbelievable championship run and we were seated in the $15 upper level cheap seats,,I still got 11x14 tri-x prints hanging in my study I took with a pentax Spotmatic and a 135mm f3.5 lens,