In search of 9x12 Cut Sheet Film Holders!

Jeff,

Another solution is to find slide in spring backs that take 3x4 film holders, that film size now available through J&C Photography. These holders are much more common and give you two sides per holder (of course they are more than two times as fat as the single 9x12).I now have three emulsions available to me and yes, I am happy.

tim in san jose

Jeff

You will see the holders come up from time to time on ebay, more often on the German site.

I got some sheaths out of the modern double-sided 9x12 holders. The holders, with sheaths, cost less than sheaths alone! They fit perfectly into the holders.

If you find another source, or a whole pile of holders, I'll share them :-) Oh, and no bidding against me either!

BTW, there are quite a few B+W emulsions in 9x12 (J and C in the US, Retro Photographic in the UK), plus I believe there are even more available, colour also, in Germany. In fact, I have seen colour 9x12 advertised on ebay.de

BTW, good first shot!

Paul

I just posted, and forgot to mention this...

When I tried to order 9x12 film from JandC, they were all out of all 9x12 film. The German site won't sell to the US, instead instructing you to go through JandC.

Getting desperate, I called Kodak to see if they had any of this film. To my surprise, they did! They have Tri-x pan film in the 9x12 size (and I like Tri-x). They told me that any dealer who sells Kodak Film can order it for me too. Just specify the Kodak Stock number: 8762783

List price is $44.75.