"Images From the Past Week"

michaellinder

<p>Glenn, I noticed just about 5 minutes ago that one of my images appeared in this section of the homepage. The same image appeared earlier this week. I've also noticed on quite a few occasions that a photographer's work may appear several days in succession. I do realize that these images are generated randomly, but perhaps the software wizards on PN staff can address these idiosyncrasies.</p>

<p>To my mind "images from the past week" has evolved over time into its own forum of "editors' picks" as they are picked from the daily upload stream. Every photo uploaded is viewed by one of our editorial staff assigned to that task for the day, this serves multiple purposes - 1.) give those photos that caught their eye some additional exposure, but also 2.) allows them the opportunity to pluck out photos that we don't want on the site. As you can imagine over time we get some people uploading photos for the wrong reasons, and this process allows us the ability to deal with them as well. </p>

<p>ah, I'm sorry my mistake - I was referencing above the "daily sampling of our members images" - the scrolling bar of photos at the top on the home page. Let me look into "images from the last week" criteria...I don't know that off the top of my head. </p>

• 2 weeks later...