Images from Polaroid's Archive

<p>More than 1,200 prints from Polaroid's archive will soon be auctioned at Sotheby's in New York. The Guardian has put online<strong> <a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2010/may/30/photography-polaroid">some of the images from the sale</a></strong>. These include images by Ansel Adams, Robert Mapplethorpe, Helmut Newton, Harry Callahan, and others.</p>

<p>According to <a href="../large-format-photography-forum/00Hfwl"><strong>this thread</strong></a>, Polaroid 55 is quite long-lasting if coated promptly. I believe the requirement for coating went away with later Polaroid films, but perhaps someone more versed in the world of Polaroid will step in and give a more definitive answer.</p>

<p>Pierre, your <a href="../photo/10956018"><strong>Zen graffiti photo</strong></a> looks quite iconic to me. Perhaps when the Photo.Net archive is auctioned off 40 years from now (with the proceeds going to the original photographers, of course) it will be one of the high-dollar items. Having said that, I do think Harry Callahan had quite an eye for trees.</p>

<p>For some reason I was expecting more nudes of their wives and girlfriends.</p>

<p>Interesting to revisit those Lucas Samaras SX-70 manipulations before it became a hipster cliche. But they're missing Joachim Knill's incredible large format Polaroid constructions. Those should figure in any serious collection of that medium.</p>