images finally posted to photo.net portfolio

james___

Well after many tries at doing this I have finally been able to post

some images to my portfolio on photo.net. Please look at my images and

let me know what you think. I posted them mainly for those who have

been in discussions with me concerning various aspects of photography.

in the past. I hope these images give you some idea of the level of my

expertise. These are just a few examples of my work. More can be seen

on usefilm.com.

By your posting this in the Large Format forum I bet they are all 4x5 or larger... right?

Maybe excellent platinums made from your 12x20 negs? Or even 20x24 pinhole negs used to create beautiful cyanotypes?

Let us know so we can be prepared.

James, asking people to look at your images on a computer screen is like calling a friend and asking him to give his opinion of your new stereo sound system over the phone. Think about it. Something is lost in the transposition. Actually, this post is just a free plug for usefilm.com, isn't it? I'm new to this photo.net forum. Never had a discussion with you before. Don't want to have one now.

In a quick look around I see nothing about usefilm.com. It is posts like Mr Singers that we could do without, not the regular contributions from JAMES- who has participated here for a while.

Is this the kind of "discussion" we will be having here now that we are on photo.net? I was rather ambivalent before the move but now I am not. I really really hope this forum does not degenerate as quickly as it appears to be doing. A number of the threads over the past week have made my daily browsing of the LF board much less fun.

Richard

Oh right, as for posting LF images on the web, what is your problem? A photographic image is a combination of composition, interpretation and aesthetics in addition to sharp detail. Posting images on the web can not convey sharp detail, but in order to give someone "some idea of the level of (their) expertise", there is a lot more to it than being able to expose a sharp negative.